Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm a vendor at Handmade Mart, Silver Spring, MD

The outdoor market will take place on May 31, Sunday. Q&A with JumpSheep at the Handmade Mart blog here.What is your craft all about?
I make glass jewelry and plates for fiber lovers. I also produce wool batts and bumps for spinning and felting, as well as handspun yarn and handdyed yarn for knitting.
What inspires you to make what you make?
For my jewelry, I draw inspiration from the passion of fiber lovers; that's why I choose to work with images (in silver or copper) of furry animals. For my plates, I look to the works of quilters; I translate their quilt design into glass.
What is your favorite piece/product you will have with you at the Handmade Mart?
Glass and silver pendants with the sheep's silhouette. I have the Black Sheep made of glass and copper, and the Sheep in Pasture made of glass and silver.
Where can folks find your craft outside the Handmade Mart?
My etsy store: jumpsheep.etsy.com.
Find me at booth #30!