Friday, May 01, 2009

Back in DC: Lexi (a.k.a. pluckyfluff)

It was so nice to again see Lexi whose class I took back in the Fall of 2005. Organized by Angela and Reenie of MaterialWhirled, her students then included Natasha of Luxe, Jacey of insubordiknit, and Heidi of mypapercrane.

Lexi came to A Tangled Skein this evening after a two-day camp in Hyattsville for a signing of her second book, Intertwined. The camp was organized by Steph of Loop and Carissa of Treadle to the Metal.

It was great to hear an update on her upcoming projects and they are all so exciting! There's a book, collaboration with a manufacturer on a new wheel for her brand of yarn, a teaching stint in Tokyo in the Fall, a new house,... and it looks like the pluckyfluff camp will be an annual event in the Maryland area around the Sheep and Wool Festival weekend. Yay!

I should add that Lexi is very excited about going to the festival tomorrow. "It's my first time," she chirped.

In the photo above Lexi is signing the copy her publisher sent me for having contributed to Intertwined (it's the felted shoe laces on a pair of boots). She's wearing a glass pendant with a black sheep that I gave her.

And here's Carissa, also wearing my pendant, a silver sheep on green glass. She's my first-ever customer for the pendants. I'm so excited!